This is part one of a three part Blog. Another Bible that the LHGS scanned appear to be for the Dusinberg Family. This time there were five pages.
The first page which is titled Births and has 6 births listed as follows:
· William Augustus Dusinberg was born 24 day of September in the year of our Lord Eighteen Hundred and fourty six born in Cincinnati.
· Sarah Adaline Dusinberg was born 17 Day of November in the year of our Lord Eighteen Hundred and Forty Eight born in Cincinnati.
· John Dusinberg was born 10 Day of August in the year of our Lord Eighteen Hundred and Fifty One in Butler county New London, Ohio.
· Henry Burling Dusinberg was born August 19th in the year of our Lord Eighteen Hundred Fifty Three in Covington, Ky (Kentucky).
· Franklin Larson Dusenberg born April 3rd year A.D. 1856 in Covington, Ky.
· Maria Dusenberg born June 27 year A.D. 1858 Covington, Ky.
This page appears to be written with the same hand. The Ink appears to be the same darkness and thus I can’t determine if it was all written at the same time. At first glance it seems strange that the last two entries are written with different verbiage than the first four. The reason could be because the person was running out of space. In the margins the locations were written and this appears to be written in a slightly darker ink. The births appear to be the children of the same parents and the family has moved from Cincinnati when the first two children were born and end up in Covington, Kentucky for the birth of the last three children. One child is born in New London, Butler, Ohio.
I decided to use MapQuest and see what the distance was between these locations. The distance is 200 Miles and New London is North of Cincinnati and near Lake Erie. Cincinnati is near the Kentucky border next to the Kentucky River. Covington, Kentucky is across the river from Cincinnati. So the family moved back to the original area but this time on the other side of the river. Makes me wonder why one child was born in New London, Ohio.
The second bible page is titled Deaths.
· John Dusinberg died September 12th in the year of our Lord Eighteen hundred Fifty two age Thirteen months, two days. Rest Sweet Babe ly still in Slumber, Holy Angels guard thy head and blessings with out number gently fall avoid thy bed.
· Maria Dusinberg died October 1 A.D. 1879 at Shridan, Butler Co, Ohio age 59 yr 2 mo 3 da
· Sarah Adaline Dusinberg died April 30th in the year of our Lord Eighteen hundred Fifty Three, age Four years, five months thirteen days.
· Franklin Larson Dusinberg died June 22 AD 1856 age two months, nineteen days.
· Maria Dusinberg died July 14 AD 1858 age eighteen days
· C.A. Dusinberg died May 31 AD 1903, Age 83 yr 6 mos ? da at Trenton Ohio
Looking at the handwriting, the entries appear to be written by more than one hand. The first death must have been difficult because of the little poem that was written.
Comparing the birth page with this death page, we have the following:
· We have John who was born 10 Aug 1851 and died 12 Sep 1852. The age of Thirteen months, two days looks correct.
· Sarah Adaline Dusinberg was born 17 Nov 1848 and died 30 April 1853. Again the age of Four years, five months and thirteen days seem to be correct.
· Franklin Larson Dusinberg was born 3 April 1856 and died 22 Jun 1856 and the age two months, nineteen days seems to be correct.
· Maria Dusinberg was born 27 June 1858 and died 14 July 1858, and the age eighteen days also seems to be correct.
This leaves two two new people: Maria Dusinberg from Column one who died when 59 years old. This makes her birth around 1820 and C.A Dusinberg who died at age 83 in 1903 and he too was born around 1820. These two are most likely the parents of the all these children.
Next time we will look at two more pages of the bible. The next two pages will expand to possibly the grandchildren of C.A. and Maria Dusinberg. So come back next week and see what new information we find out about this family.